Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Counts Back up

Good news. Kateli's counts were 900, so we resumed Chemo treatment today. She is still battling a cold and has a deep cough from time to time, but other than that she seems to be doing well.

Tonight I got to watch the kids while Marleny had a girls night out. I took the kids out to the park where we had dinner and played on the swings. Katherine was talking up a storm the whole time. On the drive to the park she was interogating her brother, "where is mommy?". That is one of her favorite questions these days. Joshua didn't reply so she just kept asking. She usually asks me that the entire time that Marleny is away, so I was enjoying not being the one on the hot seat for a change.

Joshua is crawling all over the place and really enjoys standing up. Actually, he seems to really enjoy everything. That boy smiles all the time and laughs at everyone. He has the gift of making you feel good about yourself- he smiles when he sees you & laughs at your jokes. It is a blessing to have such an easy going son during this difficult time.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic news!!!!!! God is so good, he answers our prayers. Give both kids a kiss for us.

Jana said...

That is such wonderful news! God is good!

Anonymous said...

Dan,
Thank you for the update. Praise God for His mercy and His grace. I love the way you write about your family. What a clear picture of the interaction of the children. Hugs and love to you, Marleny, Katherine and Joshua. I look forward to being with you. Love, Mom, Sue, Grandma, Grandma

Marta said...

I am glad to hear that her counts are up!!!!!!!!!! Hope her little cough and cold go away soon!

And I can imagine her asking Joshua about Marleny. That is so funny!

Glad to hear that Joshua is crawling and all over the place! He is such a HAPPY BABY!!!

@lici@ said...

You guys are doing such a great job of keeping all of us in the loop. Thanks a lot.

Anonymous said...

Marleny,

Me da mucho gusto que las cosas esten yendo bien, ustedes estan haciendo un gran trabajo y realmente admiro tu habilidad y amor con el que estas llevando esto en tu vida y en tu familia; ahora yo entiendo lo dificil que es pues mi sobrino Yahir esta cada dia mas mal y nosotros mas desesperados.

Lucy Ponce de Leon