The good news- the hospital is less than a mile from our house. We're, once again, learning to ask for and eagerly accept help. We have medical insurance. We have Dr.'s and nurses who are caring and dedicated. I have a boss that is understanding and flexible. Most importantly, we have a God that knows us, cares for us, and has a purpose for us in/through all of this.
I (Dan) almost lost it on Tuesday evening. The stress of trying to lead our family through this trial, with all of the stressors and the unknowns that are un-researchable. The difficulty of trying to communicate with my wife while nurses are coming in and out of the room, and while our kids are needing constant attention for the 2 hours we're together each day. I felt like throwing a chair through the window for no specific reason that I could articulate.
Fortunately, we got a break mid-week that allowed me to go for a run around the park by our house and the hospital. A cool thing about the new Children's Hospital is that they have a spot light on the top of the building shooting straight up into the sky. We can see it from our front yard, and I can see it as I run around the park. For me it is somehow comforting, like the hospital is to be a light in a dark world.
As I was running, I was listening to a song by Aaron Spiro, "Begins and Ends with You". A couple of the lines spoke words I needed to hear.
in your peace we find our peace
in your strength we learn to stand
in your arms we find release
in your hands we are your hands
Thanks for all of your prayers and support. For those who are interested, we've added a Calendar with Kateli's Chemo schedule (On the section to the right). The schedule is updated through this summer. After that we will begin the Maintenance portion of treatment that will go through 2010.
2 comments:
We are so sorry that Katherine is back in the hospital. I know this is so hard for you all. Dan, you write straight from the heart and are very inspiring with your faith. You and Marleny are quite a pair. I am amazed by you both every time I read this. You are both so strong. Katherine is one blessed girl to be loved so much by two such wonderful parents.
We love you guys.
Love,
Jim, Pam, Jake, and Mark
Thanks for sharing your heart, bro. Your faith is a great example for me. Elinor's prayer is "Katherine get all better" and we are all in agreement and praying for God to hold you and Marleny too.
Dave
Post a Comment