Today has been good. Katherine had a great day! I spent the morning at the hospital with Dan and Kateli. In the afternoon, I went home to spend some time with Joshua. I miss my little guy. I miss his giggles and his endless smiles. Though, today I didn't get the normal smiles from the little guy; he's not feeling real well. Grandma said that last night was a bit rough for him; he was stuffy and couldn't sleep real well. This morning he was running temperatures and before I came home, he had ran almost 103F! I took him to the doctor's this afternoon to have him tested for the FLU (I tested positive for the FLU on Tuesday). Turns out, my little guy has come down with a case of the flu!! YIKES!! and there is nothing that we can do to treat him, aside from doing the usual--keep the head of his bed elevated, lots of fluids, tylenol, and suctioning his nose. He's just got to wait it out! After dropping Joshua back off at home this afternoon, I decided I'd go back to the hospital and see how Kateli was doing.
Oh, my heart leaped with joy when I walked into her room and she jumped out of daddy's lap to come greet me!! She was up and about!! She was taken off of the IV for the afternoon and she was enjoying the freedom that comes with that. We went for a walk on the floor and she was just smiles and giggles!! What joy! Praise the Lord that she is doing so well!! Thank you for all your prayers.
Specific prayer requests:
* Please pray for Joshua, that he would recover quickly from this bug; and not have any complication that could come with a cold (ear infection, pneumonia etc etc)
* Please continue to pray for recovery for Dan, Grandma and I from these colds. We've all shared these germs and are now just ready to be rid of them and healthy again!
* Please continue to pray for Katherine and how her body tolerates the medications.
* PLEASE GIVE PRAISE TO THE LORD FOR HOW WELL KATELI IS DOING WITH ALL OF THIS. She is a trooper and a strong little girl! God is good!
1 comment:
We are so glad that Katherine had a good day today and is feeling well. How wonderful for her to have jumped out of bed to greet you! Yeh!!! We rejoice with you. God's mercies are new each morning...Great is his faithfulness. We lift Joshua up tonight and until he is better. We pray that his illness will be short with no complications. With love, Rachel
Post a Comment