well, maybe. Not for sure yet, if we will be there all of tomorrow but for today we are in the hospital with Kateli. She was admitted this morning, after finding out that her numbers had dropped to near 500 and her liver enzymes came back too high. So, the doctor made a call, and while it is by no means the way that we wanted to spend thanksgiving this year, we'll take it as it comes. After all, what's important here is that she gets better and back on her little feet. Not that she's been down, oh no, she's been up and around like a champ. But almost 3 days ago both kids started running fevers--out of the blue Joshua turned up with a 100.6 and then about an hour later I came to find out Kateli was at 102.4!! YIKES!! She was NOT at all acting sickly so I didn't realize she was hot until I picked her up and felt her tummy under her shirt. So, promptly I called daddy to come home because it was most likely going to mean a visit to CHUC (Children's Hospital Urgent Care) at the least, and I was going to need help with the two kiddos. Then I called the clinic and talked to the doctor on call, who instructed us to to to CHUC, where Kateli would have labs drawn to see if she was neutropenic or not, as well as be administered the infamous Rosefan (I don't know if I'm spelling that right, but that's how it sounds to me :) ) Anyway, it's the "catch all" antibiotic used in general to tackle any bacterial infection if that is what she were fighting. And of course they did blood cultures. About 1 hr 30 mins later, we were told we could go home, Kateli's counts were actually in the 1900's, so we were relieved. But through the night and the next day and night she ran more fevers, getting as high as 104.3 at least twice. We were instructed to just administer Motrin and Children's Tylenol every 4 hours and come in on Wednesday at our scheduled appt time. So we did just that...we were in clinic this morning at 8 am. Kateli was still running fevers into this morning, and I actually had to give both her and Joshua a dose of Tylenol before boarding the van. So, the procedure that was scheduled for today has been postponed, and she was just given another round of the same Rosefan. More blood was drawn for labs, and her numbers came back...well, I already told you that part.
So, anyway we are in the hospital and need your prayers. I know you are in constant prayer for our family and I truly appreciate that, so if you could add the following specifics it would be great
- Please pray that Kateli would settle down and be okay with being at the hospital. SHe's having a real hard time and has been upset all afternoon saying that she wants the needle out and that she wants to come home. Breaks my heart to see/hear that...So, pray that she would be content.
- Pray that the fevers would finally break and that she can come home soon.
- Pray for Joshua, that his fevers would also break and that he would have some relief soon.
- Pray for Dan and I that we would be strong physically and emotionally through this, as it's a bit taxing for the both of us.
- Pray for safe travels for Dan's brother's family as they drive to Tulsa today to celebrate thanksgiving with us.
- Pray that we would have a blessed time together with family, be it here at home or in the hospital.
- Pray that we can be a witness to those around us, and that our light would shine even in the darkest of times.
2 comments:
So sorry to hear about your whereabouts! Not sure how the holiday meals are at the "big pink resort". April is cooking tomorrow and offered food, just give one of us a call if you need something. We are praying for the kids to soon be well, for your family to be able to visit and for you two to stay well. Love to you all.
Even in your down times your family is a light for the staff around you. I know that the Lord is surrounding you in these moments as you both always manage to pull through with such great insight and strength. Enjoy the family-I am sure they are excited to see you guys no matter where you are!
Post a Comment